Find out more about our yoga classes in Bend, Oregon.
For those who have taken one of these workshops and who want to practice these tools, there is a practice group every 2nd Thursday evening from 7-8:30.
In both the workshops and the practice groups there will be plenty of opportunities for discussion, practice, sharing and laughter.
The workshop is for anyone who longs to experience greater aliveness and health on any level. No previous experience in acupuncture, meditation or energy healing is required.
Cost of the workshops is on a sliding scale of $30-$60. Practice groups are free, with donations gratefully accepted.
For questions or to register, call us at 541-322-9642.
Our Featured Teacher for October is Emerald Shirley. Come enjoy yoga in Bend with Emerald’s skillful, safe, playful, alignment-based classes in October for only $7/class: Starting October 3rd we’re delighted that Emerald will be teaching a Saturday morning Vinyasa class from 9:30 – 10:45am. Emerald also teaches our donation-based Community Flow class on alternate Fridays from 4 – 5:15pm.
Because our motto at BCH is "Find Your Flow," every month we ask our featured teachers to tell us their thoughts on "Flow." Here's Emerald on Flow: "Flow is feeling motion and stillness simultaneously, not in competition with each other but complementary to each other. It is when your body is full of energy and you could do cartwheels forever, and you are centered and clear-minded enough to truly listen to yourself and to those around you. When I am in my flow, I experience the joys of life more joyfully, and the sorrows of life with more compassion and ease. It becomes easier to see all the glitter in life. It is simplest for me to find my flow when I am taking good care of myself, and I’m grateful to say that often means a lot of yoga -what a gift that something so fun is also so healthy!
I look forward to finding flow with you in class, and making our lives a little more radiant!!"
Grace and Peace, Emerald
Hello, Friends of BCH!
We’d like to express our heartfelt thanks for your participation in our Summer 2015 survey. We're grateful for the depth of your appreciation for BCH’s focus on healing and community.
There was, of course, a tremendous variety in what you commented on, but the themes that recurred over and over were appreciation for a sense of Bend Community Healing as:
- Focused on creating a sense of belonging, community, and connection, and
- Offering a high quality of instructors and experience
Here are some of the commonly-expressed concerns and our plans to work with them:
1) Reduced yoga class options: in order to stabilize BCH financially it was initially necessary to close down classes that weren’t drawing enough students. As word gets out and our numbers increase we plan to increase both the number and the variety of classes to meet the desires that were expressed for:
- more vinyasa classes,
- more classes for working people in the early mornings, evenings, weekends
- classes for specific groups such as beginner yogis, seniors, athletes, and children
- late afternoon weekend classes
- classes specifically for stress relief
- Dance and movement classes
We are working on adding classes in October and welcome additional suggestions. Thank you for getting the word out about our offerings!
2) various glitches in our systems: check-in, website, pricing options, policies, even room temperature and comfort…We’ve only been open a little over 8 months. It has been a huge transition for us but we feel that slowly we’re working out the kinks. We appreciate your continued feedback on things that can still use a little tweaking…
3) Excessive/erratic schedule changes: This has been one consequence of our learning curve---as we develop we expect more core stability. At the same time, we expect to continue to innovate and change in response to the changes of the seasons and what you ask for from us. Here, too, continued feedback is very helpful for us.
4) Lack of privacy in our community acupuncture clinic and bodywork clinic.
This is a learning curve for all of us…The purpose of the clinics is to create a space that broadens access to healing, where people can heal together and where we can break down the artificial barriers often posed by class and other societal divisions. In order to do this some of the trappings of a spa-like experience have to go by the wayside.
Being in a community setting means getting to the core of the acupuncture experience, accepting that there are other people in the room with you and placing your focus internally, rather than on what’s going on in the room around you. This isn’t for everyone but we find that most people quickly adjust to it. Please let us know of any concerns that you do have. And if you aren’t comfortable in your recliner, feel free to grab a blanket or two to make yourself more comfortable (we’d be grateful if you’d return them to their original place when you finish with them). And if there is something that you feel you need more privacy in order to discuss with us, please let us know and we’ll do our best to make that possible.(?)
5) Inadequate community outreach and dissemination of information.
Some of the things we’re doing to address this concern:
- Creating a new, mobile-friendly website
- Sending out monthly newsletters with class offerings, changes and upcoming events
- Putting explanations of our classes on the new website
- Reaching out to the university, college and local school community with 50% discounts on our classes for students, teachers, and staff
- Placing ads and notices in the Bulletin, Source and college newspapers, as well as other local event calendars.
We’ll also be doing some re-arranging and decorating in the next few months.
Thank you again for your support as we work to improve.
Mark, Gina & Mary
We are proud to announce that we now carry locally-produced, organic herbal skin products from Mountain Girl Herbals.
We feel completely comfortable recommending these nourishing salves and lotions because they're manufactured right here in central Oregon by our own Wendy Griffin, instructor here at Bend Community Healing.
You can learn more about Wendy's products at http://www.mountaingirlherbals.com.
Experience yoga in Bend with Tara!
Come enjoy yoga in Bend with Petit's 6:30 - 7:30 AM Vinyasa class early Monday mornings…
Petit also teaches a delightful "Movement & Music Kids' Yoga" class Mondays from 4-5 PM.
Throughout July you can enjoy Petit's classes for just $7 per class...
Our motto at BCH is "Find Your Flow." Each month we ask our Featured Teacher to tell us what Flow means to them.
Petit on “Flow”:
"I believe Flow is a guided moving meditation in which one becomes curious, present, and spacious.
When we listen deeply to our bodies and to where our breath will lead us, we reconnect to the deepest part of ourselves and re-member out connectedness to all things.
Vinyasa is a path to strength, flexibility and vitality both on and off the mat. Breathe in. Breathe out. Where you need more strength, add strength. Where you need space, add space. Through the process of listening and flowing with breath, we arrive."